H for House

Assalamualaikum. 1st April 2015 today, Happy GST Day, Malaysian! Haha! We celebrated the first day of GST implementation by having sotong celup tepung with air batu campur by the beach and brought the kids to play on the sand. We don't know if the makcik charge us for GST or not, because our plate of sotong celup tepung cost us RM18. I'm not sure whether it is reasonable price or not but surely puas hati makan sampai dah tak teringat-ingat dah. Alhamdulillah! The stall played some super hits Hindi songs from 90's Bollywood movie and as the kids was busy running around, me and husband played a guess game 'Which Movie Does This Song Belong" Haha! Sengal! 

Luckily, the letter of the week this week is H. Last week we had G for Gardening. If it is this week I'll ask Ayyash to do G for GST and decorate the letter G with RM signs with wings and non smiley face around it. Okay, not funny. Move on, Ibu!


This week is H for House. Here's the letter craft for the week. Cut out the letter H shape. A rectangle for the door, circle for the window and triangle for the roof. You could teach them shape too with this activity. 2 in 1!


Then I made some dots and asked him to trace the letters and spell 'house' and 'home'. This is yesterday's activity though.


We are going to make the paper bag house today. Ayyash was not all excited as he insisted me to put on the movie Rio that I recently downloaded for him. For the record, by now he have watched it 3 times already. Haish... So, I was preventing him to watch TV by having this activity. First, I draw the door and windows and have him to cut it out for me. I purposely don't make it the usual rectangular shapes and to challenge his skill of using scissors.


 Here is Ayyash cutting the windows and door. Oh yes, he hate me for doing it curvy like that. Bahaha! I asked him to concentrate. He did quiet well though. And this time he was using my scissor as I can't find his usual scissors. -_-'

He was not in good mood though, so he refused to continue. So, I took a break and brought the kids for a shower. After he was all fresh up, he was ready to start it again, alhamdulillah. One thing that I learnt from homeschooling is, never do any activity that both of you and the kids didn't enjoy. Always watch for their cues. Make sure they are ready before starting any activity. Make sure they are not hungry, sleepy or cranky. Stop whenever both of you feel like and feel free to continue when both parties are ready.



Here's a happier-ready me, Ibu! All wangi and set up to go!


He then asked me if he could put the house on his hand like a puppet. I said, yes. Then he played with the 'house puppet' for a while as I took a break and attend little Maryam.

I was so focused on finishing the house that I didn't snapped any step by step photo. Hehe...sorry! Anyway, just paste the door and windows on the paper bag, staple the roof on the bottom of your paper bag and voila! Your beautiful paper bag house is ready! The roof was made from manila card to make it sturdy enough. Then glued the base (opening the paper bag) of the house on a sheet of manila card to make it stand.

Okay, if you find that my instruction is not very clear, please refer to this nice blog . Hehe! I forgot to stuff some crumpled papers inside the house so it tend to kemik-kemik, which doesn't look that good.


We then made some trees for decorations. This is so easy for preschoolers.


How to make 3D Apple Tree:

Materials: Green paper, red marker, used toilet rolls, scissors

Steps:

  1. Make "apples" by stamping red dots on the green paper. Haha I forgot to do this so the photo above shows how I made Ayyash did it on the finished product.
  2. Next we cut some slits from one end of the paper tube and bent them back to create the branches.
  3. We crumpled the tissue paper loosely
  4. Set it on our tree. I use a little glue to secure it.

Inspiration taken from here. Credit given: http://www.readingconfetti.com/2013/09/easy-apple-tree-preschool-craft.html

 

Glued the tree next to the house. We have 2 apple trees hehe!


We added a nice pond near the house haha! Gigih tampal batu kecik-kecik tu dengan gam UHU okey? Didn't allowed Ayyash to do it because I worried of him handling the strong glue. So I gave him the task to choose nice rocks for his pond. He loves it!


Also added a vege patch using his building block set. Balik kampung, tanam jagung!

Enjoy the view of our lovely cottage!




Here's Mr. Farmer enjoying the game.

Owh, wonder what Princess Maryam did while we're doing all this?


This was what she has been doing! T_T...tskk..tsk! Nak nangis rasa Ibu tengok all those marbles on the carpet. Waaaa! Tapi tak sampai hati nak marah as she really enjoyed it.

A messy house means happy kids,

A messy house brought a brilliant kids,

A messy house means happy kids,

A messy house brought a brilliant kids,

I should keep on chanting this while cleaning this off later... uhuk!


Seronok nampak, kak? 


Before, they both start berebut the paper bag house I gave Maryam her shape sorter farm house. She was contented with that and busy stuffing everything inside it T_T

A messy house means happy kids,

A messy house brought a brilliant kids,

A messy house means happy kids,

A messy house brought a brilliant kids,

I am still chanting...uuuu... bye bye for now!


Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment