Montessori: Pouring Water Through Funnel Activity

I have been thinking on lessons for Maryam. She is now 22 months old. She would usually do her own business when I am teaching Ayyash. Playing with her plush toys, watching TV etc. I guess I am not being fair for her if I haven't set any constructive lesson plan for her. I feel bad. Hubby said when Ayyash was around her age, we haven't really do the actual teaching either. We send him to an islamic montessori school and alhamdulillah he was coping well there.  

So I guess, why not trying montessori style lessons for her? Alhamdulillah I have finished setting up the montessori time table for little Maryam for the month of April. Yeay! Yesterday I spent my time completing a 'Montessori Box' for her. A box containing items that could be use for montessori approach. Looking at the list of activities on the timetable I guess Ayyash would also have a fair share of fun along, insyaAllah.

So today, we start of with our first activity, POURING WATER THROUGH FUNNEL! Here's the items needed, I got it all from my 'magic' kitchen cupboard haha!


Plastic jugs, bottles, funnels. Bigger sized items for the big brother and little one for the princess.


Here's Ayyash doing the activity. Of course we do it outside. I don't want to spend time cleaning up the mess if we did it indoor. Alhamdulillah the weather was good, not too sunny. Just nice!


Maryam looking at her brother doing the task



Now her turn! Alhamdulillah she did it well.


When the bottle was full I asked her to empty it out.



Now she insisted to try filling in the bottles without the funnel.




Alhamdulillah, it did occupied their time for a while this morning. The aim of this activity is for order, concentration, coordination, independence, eye-hand coordination, fine muscle control. Indirectly they'll learn how to use a funnel and learn to pour into containers with narrow openings. You could also teach new vocabulary; tray, bottle, jug, funnel, pour, narrow opening, neck. I guess this is not challenging enough for them as they could spilled as much water as they want without worrying the mess they made. Next time we are going to do it indoors, at a table and try as much to decently reduce the mess. Hehe!







And of course as they haven't had their morning shower, why not take it outside? Hehe!

Till then, toodles!


Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment