b for butterfly!

Alphabet Introduction

b for butterfly. We print the letter b from out printable and I asked Ayyash to cut it out himself to practice him using scissors. The beautiful butterfly pattern we got from his cut and paste workbook, which works nicely for this. Then Ayyash traced the letter b and the word butterfly. I asked him to draw a butterfly. The purple butterfly was drawn half by me and he finished it. The upside down butterfly he drew by himself. Hehe!


Science

We learn about butterfly life cycle. We cut out the pictures from a printable that I got from the internet. I forgot the link, but I must give credit for their amazing printables. This piece is for his scrap book.


Then we did a 3D Butterfly Life Cycle on a paper plate. I took a leaf from my flower bouquet (tsk..tsk.. T_T) and Ayyash glued a round marble on the leaf as the butterfly egg. For the caterpillar, we glued the spiral pasta as its body. Then I sneaked a stem from my flower bouquet (again....tsk..tsk..) so that the pupa looks like hanging out from a stem. Finally Ayyash coloured the butterfly. Done! He was so proud of this, we put it up on the wall in front of his study table


Arts and Crafts

Ayyash painted his palm and stamped the colour on a paper plate. After the paint dried, I helped him cut it out, so it will be the butterfly wings. We glued it on a craft stick. Tadaaa! He played with it for hourssss.. I am so glad alhamdulillah...:)


Reading

Here are a few books on our reading list this week!


I Wonder Why: Spider Spins Webs. This book we bought during Big Bad Wolf so it is super duper cheap. It is mainly about bugs. There is a nice 2 page of 'Why do caterpillars change to butterflies?". So we read particularly in depth at that part of the book. This is the back cover of the book.


We watched Bug's Life and later we read this book. This book is good too teach phonics. We borrowed it from our local library. I brought out his letter cards to teach him phonics but you know how much Ayyash hate flash cards. What's more with phonics... bleghh! Talking about a kinesthetic learner here. I have to figure out other ways to teach him to read.


And then this Level 1 reader book on Butterflies. Short sentences to read about butterflies with nice pictures for kids. Also borrowed from the library. Hehe!

So, that's about it for our colourful butterfly week! Alhamdulillah a'la kulli haal.. :)





Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment